Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer Movie Review Pt. II

Night at The Museum 2



I must say I was doubtful before I watched it. I mean right before. Because I caught one of my friends said that it's ... kinda overrated. But well, it was pretty entertaining. The idea of historic people and creatures coming back to life all over again, is breath-taking. It would be a very fun way to learn history, don't you think? I would be honored, for an instant, to meet bobblehead Einsteins and have them explain why I should learn how to count, in tiny noises and.. well, bobbling heads. Ha!
Plus, I got to see Al Capone in black and white. Three cupids that reminded me of The Jonas Brothers. Of course, Amelia Earheart! Exciting!
The film's pretty funny, although the story line might be a little over the top. It was like seeing the comedy version of The Mummy, or a movie titled "The Museum Movie" (as in Scary Movie, or Superhero Movie, and so on), but yeah in a more classy way. The speical effects are not bad. Neat. Ben Stiller's acting still typical Ben Stiller, a little quieter though.
All in all, I can't see why this should be a bad movie. It's light, I don't think anybody should expect too much out of it. I'm kinda curious how it would look in 3D. Must be more exciting.
Hmmm, maybe 3.5 stars out of 5.

PS : I just realized there are a lot of sequels going on this summer. And eugh, no, I don't really wanna see The New Moon. Somehow for me, it's gonna feel like I'm seeing High School Musical 2.

2 comments:

R said...

Hmm.. gw malah gak terlalu demen ma NATM 2, jokes-nya lama-lama jadi rasa basi hehe.

Yang cupid emang cameo-nya Jonas Brothers. Yang einstein bapaknya jason biggs di american pie.

BRING ME TREK!!

-R

Kalista Cendani said...

oh really?? hahahaha. pantas terasa familiar si einsteins itu. yah, cupid2nya emg tipikal jonas brothers gtu.

NATM2 biasa aja lah. g jelek jg.

transformer g mw ntn ran??