Sunday, April 26, 2009

That Kind of Dream

I had yet another strange dream. I woke up startled, again. Not by the calamity of it, but rather by a morning phone call.
So, the entire cast of Friends were there and I was Rachel (ha!). It was around the time in the series where Rachel and Ross had just broke up, Ross was unexpectedly moving on and Rachel couldn't deal with it. We were messing around in some hotel room or a cabin with a connecting door to the next room. Somehow, we were hiding from something and next thing I knew I was in bed with Ross... and this other girl. Apparently he called out "honey" (or at least something that sounded like it), and I responded. Turned out he wasn't calling me but that other girl (let's call her Ms. X). So I ended up lying awkwardly there with Ross and Ms. X fooling around (euw). I eventually got up, and guess who I looked for first.

Joey.

Strange, but when I heard my own voice in the dream, man.. I sounded devastated.
"Where's Joey?"
And that big guy showed up and held me so strong I could really feel the warmth of his body wrapped around me. It felt... otherworldly. And amazingly soothing.

At first, I didn't really want to interpret it. It was too good and I won't spoil it by putting some essence of reality to it. But something tells me I could really relate. Maybe.. at the end of the day, what a Rachel really needs is a Joey. Someone that people see would be wrong enough to have commitment with, yet could actually fall in love with the right person.

Not that I wanna level myself with someone like Rachel, but...
..I think I have a Joey.



0 comments: