Saturday, April 18, 2009

Feline Chores

Like a counterpart, today I waited in one of the best waiting rooms : the animal hospital waiting room.

I was taking my pets (my 2 youngest cats) to the doctor to get a vaccine. Like any other hospitals, it had a waiting room. But UNLIKE any other hospitals, the waiting room was so much fun. On my way to the seats, I was startled by a barking. It came from a puppy inside a box. A black one. I'm not an expert on canine breeding so I can't determined the race of this little one. I walked up to it and started baby-talking to it. Turned out it belonged to a group of kids playing around the box. Their mom was by the cashier.
I took a seat and not long after, those kids were surrounding my pet box. Just like I did with their puppy. After they went home, a new visitor caught my attention : a very large Iguana. It was big, I mean.. huge. Its tail was longer than the overall length of my cat's body and it was all spikey. It was like an oversized lizard, or a gecko who was exposed to a nuclear radiation or something. Many times I came to the hospital, today was the first I saw something like that. The best I had ran into before this iguana was a little Siberian Husky, a while back.
A little while after the iguana, a girl came holding a tiny cage. I suspected it was a hamster. Oh, I was like sitting in the middle of a petting zoo!

What interested me was, how the people there were so nice to each other. They were very friendly, they answered my every question with delight. The doctors never look scary, they were always smiling and there was a certain spark in their eyes. I think I can live there and be happy forever. My father had a theory : maybe when human beings had learned to care for other creatures, they automatically learned how to care for their own kind.

On my way out in the parking lot after I had my cats vaccinated, a middle-aged lady looked up to me and said "Are they okay? Are they cured?"
"Of course, they were just getting some injections."
I noticed the lady was playing with her female dog. Apparently the dog had just recovered from a serviks surgery. She had that cone around her neck, you know, the one that looks like a... satellite transmitter?
"I hope them well!" said the lady, smiling the widest.
"Thank you, and to you too!"

I think it's a very healthy environment. Maybe, just maybe, if everybody adopt a pet for their own, life would be just a little bit... brighter. :)


Choco(left) and Ewok, the youngest of the family



2 comments:

Donda Situmeang said...

gue...benci...bgt bgt bgt...kucing...cal...
HAHAHAHAHA

Kalista Cendani said...

hayahh. wahahaha ya cari yg lain lahh, anjing kek burung kek atw piara semut pke sarang2an kyk d komik2 doraemon gtu. (gw bngung ngpain jg miara semut)